How Is Your Personal Information Collected And Used?
We only collect your personal information when we need it to provide our services or to comply with the law. The kinds of information that we collect depends on how you interact with us. Here are some examples.
- When you engage with us directly (including at public events, via telephone, email, our website or on social media): The information you provide, such as your name and your contact details (telephone number and/or email address). When you attend one of our events, we may also collect security camera footage of you.
- When you send us an application or other form: Your name, date of birth, street address and email address.
- If you apply for a job with us: Information that you provide about your employment history, qualifications and ability.
- If you fill out one of our surveys, or enter one of our competitions: The information that you provide.
- When you conduct a transaction with us, our affiliates, or others: The information you provide, such as your name and your contact details (telephone number and/or email address).
- When we collect information about you in support of a transaction: The information you provide such as credit card information
- In some places on this web site you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself, to elect to receive particular information, to purchase access to one of our products or services, or to participate in an activity: The information you provide.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline. Many of our services and products require some personal data to provide you with the requisite product or service. If you choose not to provide data necessary to provide you with it, you won’t be entitled to use that product or service. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Are Cookies Or Other Technologies Used To Collect Personal Information?
The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with us, a cookie helps Reignite Enterprises to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Reignite Network, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Reignite Enterprises websites you visit.
How Does Reignite Enterprises Use Personal Information?
We use your personal information to deliver high quality products, services and experiences to you as well as to manage our business processes and to comply with the law. In particular, we use your data to:
- to provide you with access to this web site or other products or services;
- to respond to applications, questions, requests or complaints that you have made to us;
- to bill you for products/services you purchased;
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you relevant offers;
- ask for your opinion about our products or the products of others;
- for record keeping and analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content;
- conduct and commission customer experience and market research
- manage our business
For these purposes, we might also combine data we collect from different sources or contexts (for example, from your use of two differing products, services or events you purchase or use) or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, for business purposes, and for other legitimate purposes.
We may also remove your personal identifiers (your name, email address, etc). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have deidentified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other nonpersonal information
Finally, we do not use any automated decision making or profiling tools or technologies.
Does Reignite Enterprises Share Personal Information With Others?
- with third parties who have your authorisation;
- companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf;
- respond to legal process;
- protect our other clients;
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare;
- maintain the security of our services, events, or products; and to protect our rights and property.
In all cases in which we share your personal information with a third party for the purpose of providing a service to us, we will not authorize them to keep, disclose or use your information with others except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide.
For some sorts of transactions, in addition to our direct collection of information, our third party service vendors (such as credit card companies, clearinghouses and banks) who may provide such services as credit, insurance, and escrow services may collect personal information directly from you to assist you with your transaction. We do not control how these third parties use such information, but we do ask them to disclose how they use your personal information before they collect it. If you submit a review for a third party
(person or business) using our Facebook Fan Review Application, during the submission process we ask your permission to gather your basic information (such as name and email address) which we then share with the third party for whom you are submitting the review.
How Is Personal Information Secured?
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally-identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. This includes:
- training our staff on how to keep your information safe and secure
- firewalls, virus scanning tools and intrusion detection technologies to prevent unauthorised intrusions.
- When we send your information overseas (for use or storage by our affiliates or vendor) we take steps to ensure their use complies with these security policies and we require them to take steps to use it appropriately.
- Destroying or de-identifying data when it’s no longer required by the business or under the law.
This site contains links to other sites that provide information that we consider to be interesting. Reignite Enterprises is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
This site may provide public discussions on various business valuation topics. Please note that any information you post in these discussions will become public, so please do not post sensitive information in the public discussions. Whenever you publicly disclose information online, that information could be collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any action or policies of any third parties who collect information that users disclose in any such forums on the web site. Reignite Enterprises does not agree or disagree with anything posted on the discussion board. Also remember that you must comply with our other published policies regarding postings on our public forums.
How Can A User Access, Change, and/or Delete Personal Information?
You can ask us to provide you with a copy of the personal information we have about you. Also, you may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that you submit to the web site and there is no cost to do any of these things. To do this, we might need you to confirm your identity.
You can contact us to do the following via this email address: email@example.com
We aim to provide you with your personal information within 30 days of you asking for it. There may be cases in which we cannot provide this information to you – for example, where that information is commercially sensitive to us – but in any case we will write to you explaining this decision if this is the case.
If you ask us to change or correct your personal information, we will do this as soon as reasonably possible and if we’ve given that information to a third party you can ask us to let them know you need it changed at no fee to you. If we don’t think a change is necessary, we’ll write to you to let you know why. You can ask us to include a statement that says you believe our record about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
You also have the right to ask for all of your personal information with us to be erased and therefore forgotten by us unless we have a legitimate reason to retain the Personal Data (such as if we are required to do so for legal reasons).
Reignite Enterprises will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or email address) from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
How can a User make a Privacy Complaint
If you are concerned with how your personal information is being used or stored by us, let us know and hopefully we can resolve any issues.
If you’d like to contact us about a privacy issue, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re not satisfied with how we handled your complaint, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner. The Commissioner’s contact details are as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
In order to manage your complaint we will:
- Keep a record of your complaint;
- Respond to it within 30 days (and if we feel more time will be needed, we will again let you know)
Additional Terms for EU Based Users
If you are based in the EU, there are a few additional terms that apply to your personal information as collected by us which is required by the General Data Privacy Regulation provided by the European Union. We have listed these below:
Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
As mentioned above, we collect your data for our purposes – and the legal basis for this collection and use of your data will usually be one of the following:
- The legitimate business interests of us or our third party affiliates;
- To perform a contractual service or deliver a contracted event or product to you;
- To obtain your consent where it’s needed; or
- To comply with the law
Storage of your Data
As mentioned above, we may store your personal information inside or outside of the EU – including areas where privacy laws may be less stringent than in the EU. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing, and processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance